Senior Local Researcher for Dominican Republic Youth Assessment (BB-60A08)
Encontrado en: Neuvoo DO
Making Cents International is recruiting a Senior Local Researcher to support a youth assessment in the Dominican Republic. The assessment will inform the USAID Mission’s 2021-2026 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and its corresponding project/activity designs. It will provide programmatic recommendations and data for standalone and cross-sectoral interventions and recommendations for evidence-based decisions that will benefit current and future USAID/Dominican Republic programming related to youth. The assessment will include two weeks of field work in the Dominican Republic.
Role of the Senior Local Researcher
The Senior Local Researcher will work with the Local Team Lead to conduct in-country field work including key informant interviews (KIIs), focus groups, and surveys by recruiting participants and scheduling appointments. He/She will lead the recruitment of Local Youth Researchers, who he/she will help train, guide, and mentor. The Senior Local Researcher will arrange, coordinate, and track the KIIs and focus groups. He/She will provide support to survey dissemination and preparation of qualitative and quantitative data for analysis. He/She may also provide input into the assessment report.
Tasks to be conducted in coordination with the Team Lead
- Identify appropriate individuals and organizations for the team to interview and survey during the assessment, and assist with the scheduling of meetings and logistics
- Participate in meetings and planning sessions as requested by Team Lead
- Recruit Local Youth Researchers
- Coordinate and participate in training Local Youth Researchers
- Provide guidance/mentoring to Local Youth Researchers as requested by Team Lead
- Support work of Local Youth Researchers as requested by Team Lead
- Schedule, organize, and track key informant interviews (KIIs) with youth and other stakeholders
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative data for analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and 5 years of experience; OR Master’s Degree in a relevant field and 1 year of experience, required
- English, spoken and written fluency, required
- Haitian Creole, spoken and written fluency is beneficial
- Prior experience participating in assessment teams, working with and training youth, logistics and coordination
- Located in the Dominican Republic, required
Proposed Level of Effort:
Maximum Level of Effort will be 14 days (including Saturdays). The Senior Local Researcher must be available to accompany the Assessment Team at all times during field work and must work exclusively on the assessment while the Team is in the field.
Fieldwork to be completed in the Summer/Fall 2020.
Making Cents International is a results-driven small business founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since our founding in 1999, we have been fostering human potential and promoting economic opportunities for disadvantaged populations around the world. We have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries to date and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_todayhace 2 días
work Making Cents International